Take a scandalous tour of Washington
Anyone who’s been a seventh-grader knows all about tours of Washington: the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the White House, the Washington Monument and so on. It’s enough to put your civic pride into overdrive.
Sean Williams has a different type of tour for you.
While the company he founded, DC Walkabout, offers seven different tours, one has been a crowd favorite since he launched it earlier this summer: the American Scandal tour.
For two hours, Williams takes a group on a walk highlighting the infamous side of Washington — from Marion Barry to Richard Nixon and Monica Lewinsky to Eliot Spitzer. On DC Walkabout’s website, the tour is referred to as “ recommended for adults” and “rated R (for ridiculous).”...
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing