Take a scandalous tour of Washington
Anyone who’s been a seventh-grader knows all about tours of Washington: the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the White House, the Washington Monument and so on. It’s enough to put your civic pride into overdrive.
Sean Williams has a different type of tour for you.
While the company he founded, DC Walkabout, offers seven different tours, one has been a crowd favorite since he launched it earlier this summer: the American Scandal tour.
For two hours, Williams takes a group on a walk highlighting the infamous side of Washington — from Marion Barry to Richard Nixon and Monica Lewinsky to Eliot Spitzer. On DC Walkabout’s website, the tour is referred to as “ recommended for adults” and “rated R (for ridiculous).”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial