"City of Scoundrels" and "People Wasn't Made to"
[CLICK ON LINK FOR VIDEO]
Authors talked about their books about Chicago in 1919 and 1947 with Chicago Tribune literary editor Elizabeth Taylor. They also responded to questions from members of the audience.
Gary Krist is the author of City of Scoundrels: The 12 Days of Disaster That Gave Birth to Modern Chicago, and Joe Allen is the author of People Wasn't Made to Burn: A True Story of Housing, Race, and Murder in Chicago.
This was an event in the University Center's Lake Room at the 2012 Chicago Tribune Printers Row Lit Fest.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate