"City of Scoundrels" and "People Wasn't Made to"
[CLICK ON LINK FOR VIDEO]
Authors talked about their books about Chicago in 1919 and 1947 with Chicago Tribune literary editor Elizabeth Taylor. They also responded to questions from members of the audience.
Gary Krist is the author of City of Scoundrels: The 12 Days of Disaster That Gave Birth to Modern Chicago, and Joe Allen is the author of People Wasn't Made to Burn: A True Story of Housing, Race, and Murder in Chicago.
This was an event in the University Center's Lake Room at the 2012 Chicago Tribune Printers Row Lit Fest.
comments powered by Disqus
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China
- Francis Fukuyama is still bullish on where history is headed, but Americans should worry: republics can decay.