"City of Scoundrels" and "People Wasn't Made to"Roundup: Audio/Video History
[CLICK ON LINK FOR VIDEO]
Authors talked about their books about Chicago in 1919 and 1947 with Chicago Tribune literary editor Elizabeth Taylor. They also responded to questions from members of the audience.
Gary Krist is the author of City of Scoundrels: The 12 Days of Disaster That Gave Birth to Modern Chicago, and Joe Allen is the author of People Wasn't Made to Burn: A True Story of Housing, Race, and Murder in Chicago.
This was an event in the University Center's Lake Room at the 2012 Chicago Tribune Printers Row Lit Fest.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election