Life releases new JFK picsBreaking News
It’s the days before Camelot, as you’ve never seen them before.
LIFE magazine has released a trove of rare, behind-the-scenes images from John F. Kennedy’s epic 1960 presidential campaign.
LIFE'S Kennedy chroniclers Paul Schutzer, Alfred Eisenstaedt and George Silk were there for nearly every moment of the then 43-year-old Kennedy’s run to become the United States’ second-youngest President, and first Catholic one.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton