Frazier’s Gym and King’s Neighborhood Added to Endangered List
Joe Frazier’s Gym in Philadelphia and the neighborhood where the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. grew up, in Sweet Auburn, Atlanta, are among the 11 important sites at risk of damage or destruction cited by the National Trust for Historic Preservation in its annual list, to be unveiled on Wednesday....
comments powered by Disqus
- Egyptian ‘Mona Lisa’ A Fake
- The Story Behind ‘Woman in Gold’: Nazi Art Thieves and One Painting’s Return
- Scott Walker, Allergic to Dogs, May Run Against Political History
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Joan Waugh on Grant's and Lee's 'gentlemen's agreement' ending the Civil War
- Charlatan or Sage? Contested Legacy of the late Dr. Ben, a Father of African Studies
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science