Poland: A Letter of Regret From Obama
The White House said Friday that President Obama had written a letter to the Polish president expressing “regret” for using the term “Polish death camp” this week while honoring a Polish World War II resistance hero rather than wording that would have made it clear that he meant a death camp operated by Nazi Germany on Polish soil....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.