Michael Ledeen: The Betrayal of Chen is America's DishonorRoundup: Historians' Take
Michael Ledeen holds a Ph.D. in modern European history and philosophy from the University of Wisconsin, and has taught at Washington University in St. Louis and the University of Rome.
I wonder what the Atrocities Board would say about the dreadful betrayal of freedom in China. Only kidding. This Orwellian institution is surely designed to deal only with old horrors; you know, those during the dark ages of Bushitlercheney. Or even in the days of Obama’s bête blanche, Bill Clinton, about whom the flagrantly hypocritical Samantha Power raged so piously righteous some years back for his failure to save Africans from slaughter. Now that she sits in the White House, she joins the other organizers and activists who abandon those who share our national commitment to freedom, and embrace those tyrants who are crushing it as best they can.
To this grim gallery of rogues we can properly add Hillary, whose relationship with the president will some day entertain future students of the American presidency....
Which brings us back to the blind Mr. Chen, who somehow eluded house arrest and got into the American Embassy in Beijing. One wonders just how that happened, and the tyrants who rule China are no doubt wondering too. It’s hard to imagine that the Obama administration had much to do with Chen’s escape; they don’t give a damn about oppressed freedom fighters and dissidents anywhere, let alone the People’s Republic of China. As with Iran, North Korea, and Syria, Obama wants “good relations,” and such regimes won’t give you any if you insist on raising awkward subjects like freedom and democracy....
comments powered by Disqus
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography