Week of April 30, 2012HNN Rundowns
May Day: From the Haymarket Massacre to the Occupy Movement
Lawrence S. Wittner
The Real War on Muslim Women
Daniel Martin Varisco
HNN Book of the Month: Why America Needs a Left: A Historical Argument -- by Eli Zaretsky
Josh Brown: Life During Wartime
The NYT's Frank Bruni wrote on Sunday that humanities majors "are least likely to find jobs reflective of their education level" according to federal projections. Why should students major in the humanities, especially given the ever-rising sticker price of college? We encourage comments and hope for a rigorous discussion -- click on the graphic to go the comments board!
HNN Teacher's Edition: For High School and Grade School
HNN’s Teacher’s Edition is designed to help busy teachers build classes around topics in the news. With just a few minutes preparation, teachers will be able to teach a class on current events, even if they haven't been in a position to follow the news closely.
News at Home
Peter Beinart and the Specter Haunting American Jewry
Mitt Romney Must Decide What Kind of America He Believes In
Civilian Casualties: Tactical Regrets and Strategic Hypocrisy
Steven I. Levine and Michael H. Hunt
Fantasies of Male Chivalry Ignore the History of Women in Wartime
Heather Marie Stur
Historians & History
Setting the Record Straight: Harry Dexter White and Soviet Espionage
R. Bruce Craig
Public History's Great Showing at the 2012 NCPH/OAH Annual Meeting
David A. Walsh
Highlights from the 2012 OAH/NCPH Annual Meeting in Milwaukee
David A. Walsh
The Pineapple that Ate Global History
Chicago 1959: This Old House It's Not
Review of John B. Thompson's Merchants of Culture: The Publishing Business in the Twenty-First Century
Review of More Powerful than Dynamite: Radicals, Plutocrats, and Progressives in New York's Year of Anarchy
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history