IranTeachers' Edition: Grades 3-6 (Lesson Plans)
Duration: two (2) double-blocks (middle and high school), four (4) class periods (elementary school)
Goal: Students will understand how diplomacy functions with regard to the effort to control nuclear proliferation.
Objective: Students will learn about the Iranian nuclear program and the diplomatic response to the alleged attempts by Iran to develop a nuclear weapons capability.
Essential Question: Can the U.S. stop Iran from building a nuclear weapon? Should it even try?
Common Core Standards Met: CCR English Language Arts Standards 7-10
21st-Century Skills Employed: Civic Literacy
Making Nuclear Weapons (CNN, external link)
Student’s name: _________________________________________________________
Oral Presentation/Debate Grading Rubric
General presentation (fluidity, organization)
Excellent = 5
Creativity, Originality, and Effort (strength of argument, persuasiveness, collaboration with others)
Exceptional = 5
Applied Knowledge (use of material and concepts learned)
Solid application of learned material = 5
Comprehension (understanding of topic/assignment)
Excellent comprehension = 5
Grade Scale: 5 (A), 4 (B), 3 (C), 2 (D), 1 (F)
Non-tech: butcher paper, colored pens and/or pencils; computer access to Internet and Google suite (Google docs)
nuclear proliferation: the spread of nuclear weapons technology and nuclear weapons
nuclear weapon: a weapon using nuclear material (material made up of atoms that can be easily split to release large amounts of explosive energy
international relations: relations between countries
diplomacy: the process of opening discussions and maintaining contacts between different countries
Iran teaching resources at the Middle East Studies Center.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit