IranTeachers' Edition: Grades 3-6 (Lesson Plans)
Duration: two (2) double-blocks (middle and high school), four (4) class periods (elementary school)
Goal: Students will understand how diplomacy functions with regard to the effort to control nuclear proliferation.
Objective: Students will learn about the Iranian nuclear program and the diplomatic response to the alleged attempts by Iran to develop a nuclear weapons capability.
Essential Question: Can the U.S. stop Iran from building a nuclear weapon? Should it even try?
Common Core Standards Met: CCR English Language Arts Standards 7-10
21st-Century Skills Employed: Civic Literacy
Making Nuclear Weapons (CNN, external link)
Student’s name: _________________________________________________________
Oral Presentation/Debate Grading Rubric
General presentation (fluidity, organization)
Excellent = 5
Creativity, Originality, and Effort (strength of argument, persuasiveness, collaboration with others)
Exceptional = 5
Applied Knowledge (use of material and concepts learned)
Solid application of learned material = 5
Comprehension (understanding of topic/assignment)
Excellent comprehension = 5
Grade Scale: 5 (A), 4 (B), 3 (C), 2 (D), 1 (F)
Non-tech: butcher paper, colored pens and/or pencils; computer access to Internet and Google suite (Google docs)
nuclear proliferation: the spread of nuclear weapons technology and nuclear weapons
nuclear weapon: a weapon using nuclear material (material made up of atoms that can be easily split to release large amounts of explosive energy
international relations: relations between countries
diplomacy: the process of opening discussions and maintaining contacts between different countries
Iran teaching resources at the Middle East Studies Center.
comments powered by Disqus
- High on Hitler and Meth: Book Says Nazis Were Fueled by Drugs
- Guam war reparations bill moves to White House
- South Atlantic Mystery Flash in September 1979 Raised Questions about Nuclear Test
- California Owes Reparations To Victims Of Forced Race & Intellectual-Based Sterilization, Study Finds
- All the times in U.S. history that members of the electoral college voted their own way
- Historians' Debate: Is this The Age of Trump?
- Economists are attacking historians’ recent works on slavery
- Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
- National Women's History Museum Receives Grant to Rebuild Website with Advanced Content Capabilities
- UCLA history professor Gabriel Piterberg continues to come under attack after being accused of sexual harassment