Week of February 20, 2012
- Sheldon Richman: February 19, 1942: A Day that Will Live in Infamy (L & P)
- Editor's Desk: Is There a History Movie Out There Historians Actually Like?
Questions People are Googling
- Is It Presidents Day or President's Day or Presidents' Day?
- Which Presidents Do the Presidents Themselves Like?
- How Have Past U.S. Presidents Broken Bad News in Times of War?
- How Did Afghanistan Receive Its Current Borders?
- Do Mormons Wear Special Underwear?
HNN Special: Oscar Night
The Last Bow for 35mm Film
If History is Any Judge, the History Movie is a Big Winner at Oscar Time
Robert Brent Toplin
History Films Are Back at the Oscars
News at Home
The Tragic Lost Opportunity of School Reform
Ronald W. Evans
How to Think About Corporate Personhood, Part II
Gingrich and Romney: Right and Wrong on Space Travel
A Brief History of the War Formerly Known As The Global War On Terror
Andrew J. Bacevich
The BBC’s "Alternative Honors List"
Yemen's Instability Could Be Fixed by Food Aid
Historians & History
Channelling George Washington: America's Forgotten Blessing
Why I Still Like Ike
Review of Ira Shapiro's The Last Great Senate
Joel K. Goldstein
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland