Week of February 20, 2012
- Sheldon Richman: February 19, 1942: A Day that Will Live in Infamy (L & P)
- Editor's Desk: Is There a History Movie Out There Historians Actually Like?
Questions People are Googling
- Is It Presidents Day or President's Day or Presidents' Day?
- Which Presidents Do the Presidents Themselves Like?
- How Have Past U.S. Presidents Broken Bad News in Times of War?
- How Did Afghanistan Receive Its Current Borders?
- Do Mormons Wear Special Underwear?
HNN Special: Oscar Night
The Last Bow for 35mm Film
If History is Any Judge, the History Movie is a Big Winner at Oscar Time
Robert Brent Toplin
History Films Are Back at the Oscars
News at Home
The Tragic Lost Opportunity of School Reform
Ronald W. Evans
How to Think About Corporate Personhood, Part II
Gingrich and Romney: Right and Wrong on Space Travel
A Brief History of the War Formerly Known As The Global War On Terror
Andrew J. Bacevich
The BBC’s "Alternative Honors List"
Yemen's Instability Could Be Fixed by Food Aid
Historians & History
Channelling George Washington: America's Forgotten Blessing
Why I Still Like Ike
Review of Ira Shapiro's The Last Great Senate
Joel K. Goldstein
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean