Week of February 20, 2012
- Sheldon Richman: February 19, 1942: A Day that Will Live in Infamy (L & P)
- Editor's Desk: Is There a History Movie Out There Historians Actually Like?
Questions People are Googling
- Is It Presidents Day or President's Day or Presidents' Day?
- Which Presidents Do the Presidents Themselves Like?
- How Have Past U.S. Presidents Broken Bad News in Times of War?
- How Did Afghanistan Receive Its Current Borders?
- Do Mormons Wear Special Underwear?
HNN Special: Oscar Night
The Last Bow for 35mm Film
If History is Any Judge, the History Movie is a Big Winner at Oscar Time
Robert Brent Toplin
History Films Are Back at the Oscars
News at Home
The Tragic Lost Opportunity of School Reform
Ronald W. Evans
How to Think About Corporate Personhood, Part II
Gingrich and Romney: Right and Wrong on Space Travel
A Brief History of the War Formerly Known As The Global War On Terror
Andrew J. Bacevich
The BBC’s "Alternative Honors List"
Yemen's Instability Could Be Fixed by Food Aid
Historians & History
Channelling George Washington: America's Forgotten Blessing
Why I Still Like Ike
Review of Ira Shapiro's The Last Great Senate
Joel K. Goldstein
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing