comments powered by Disqus
- Teaching the Constitution
- Teaching History
- Teaching World History
- Teaching the Middle East
- Teaching 9-11
- Teaching Presidential Elections
- Low History IQ's
- History Quotes
- Did You Know?
- Hot Topics
- Interviews with Historians
- Teaching Students to Construct Historical Narratives by Charles L. Newhill
- OAH/NCPH Sessions "Chart the Future of Teaching the Past" by Craig Thurtell
- Grade Inflation ... Why It's a Nightmare By Jonathan Dresner
- Where History is Making News Around the World: Teaching Students that History Matters
- Join in the Discussion: Teaching Kids Who Find History Boring
- William Fitzhugh: Why Writing History Term Papers Is Vital
- What Students Don't Know About History
- Timothy Burke: Historical Argument From Soup to Nuts
- The End of the High School History Term Paper?
- Illogic in Public Discourse: How History Is Misused By Jonathan Dresner
- What's Wrong with High School History Textbooks
- Classroom Lesson Plans: Helping Teachers Teach History
- Top Educator Sites Ranked by Popularity -- sitesforteachers.com
- Does History Make Students Better Citizens? (And How Do We Measure that?)
- What Do Our Students Know? by Allan M. Winkler
- How to Deal with Textbooks in the Classroom by James Loewen
- My Experience Teaching Apathetic Students at a School with Open Admissions by Thomas Reeves
- How to Teach World History for Advanced Placement Classes.
- No, You Don't Have to Teach History After You Get Your Ph.D.
- Do Students Care About History? by Anders Henriksson
- Don’t Know Much About History by Jane Hall
- Getting Students to Like History Is Not Impossible
by Cathy Gorn
- Rate the Losers: A Game to Teach Students Important Lessons of History by Robert Cook
- Should Students Be Allowed to Get Away with Plagiarism?
by Matthew Warshauer
- We Need to Develop New Ways to Teach Students History by Sam Wineburg
- Now Clinton's History: Building a Course Around His Presidency by Lewis Gould
- Should We Be Alarmed by the Results of the Latest U.S. History Test? (Yes) by Diane Ravitch
- Should We Be Alarmed by the Results of the Latest U.S. History Test? In Answer to Diane Ravitch by Ron Briley
- The Test 12th Graders Flunked by HNN Staff
- So You Want to Try Writing an Online Course? by Kimberly J. Morse and Lewis L. Gould
- Islam, Islamism: A Guide for Teachers
- Guide to the History of Saudi Arabia
- Everything You Need to Know About the History of Iraq
- Ways of Thinking About the War with Iraq by Peter L. Hahn
- War and the Campuses by Paul Rogat Loeb
- 9/11: Five Years Later
- Teaching About 9-11 (Overview)
- Poll: Has 9-11 Changed the Way Historians Teach History? by HNN Staff
- Classroom Lesson Plans: Teaching About 9-11
- Dickinson College: The Clarke Center's Teaching 9-11
- What Should We Tell Our Children About 9-11?
- Are College Textbooks Miseducating Students About Terrorism?
- What Books Are Helpful in Understanding 9-11?
- Memories: September 11 Digital Archive
- Abstract: The OAH Special 9-11 Edition
- Resources: History of U.S. Interventions
- Smithsonian Exhibit on 9-11
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library