Jackson Davis V Tries To Get York, Lewis And Clark Slave, On Stamp
WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA)-- Jackson Davis V is a 6th grader on a mission.
He wants the world to honor York, William Clark's slave.
Jackson wrote the United States Postal Service Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee to ask them to honor York on a Heritage stamp....
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?