Mitt Romney Rick Santorum Newt Gingrich Election 2008: Primaries Election 2008: General Historians and the 2008 Election Obama's Election: What It Means Gender and 2008 Election Walter G. Moss: What is True Political Wisdom? A Primer for the 2012 Election (3-5-12) Juan Cole: Top Ten Differences Between Rick Santorum and JFK (2-28-12) David Greenberg: How Santorum Misunderstands Kennedy's Catholic Speech (2-28-12) Joel K. Goldstein: Santorum Misunderstands Both Kennedy and Religious Pluralism (2-27-12) Editor's Desk: Rick Santorum Isn't Thinking Critically About History (2-27-12) Robert Brent Toplin: Santorum and Romney Were Wrong on the Bailouts -- But George W. Bush Wasn't (2-27-12) Geoffrey Kabaservice: How the GOP's Looming Election Disaster Is, and Isn't, Like 1964 (2-22-12) Julian Zelizer: Many Wild Cares Could Swing the 2012 Presidential Race (2-20-12) Walid Phares: Mitt Romney’s Cutting-Edge Middle East Strategy (2-13-12) Ian C. Friedman: Mitt's Verbal Gaffes Shows That When It Comes to Politics, He's Not His Father's Son (2-6-12) Timothy R. Furnish: Has Mitt Romney's Mormonism Influenced His Views on Islam? (2-6-12) Gil Troy: Mitt Romney Channels Dan Quayle as Gaffemeister General (2-4-12) Daniel S. Margolies: No, Newt, the U.S. Cannot Make the Moon a State. That's Illegal Under International Law. (1-30-12) Scot Faulkner: How Newt Gingrich's GOP Rivals Blackmailed Him Back in the '90s (1-30-12) Steve Gillon: How Newt Gingrich, the Ultimate Washington Insider, Plays the Part of Outsider (1-29-12) Gil Troy: GOP Debate Trivializes First Ladies (1-28-12) David A. Walsh: Former Gingrich Ally Claims Republican Leaders Blackmailed Him Over Affair (1-27-12) Juan Cole: South Carolina and Gingrich; Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood (1-23-12) Gil Troy: A Referendum on the Republican Party -- Not Just its Leaders (1-19-12) Rick Perlstein: What Mitt Romney Learned From His Dad (1-17-12) Julian Zelizer: Gingrich's Attacks Now Could Help Obama Later (1-16-12) Gil Troy: Bring It On: Early Attacks on Romney's Bain Capital Record May Inoculate Him Against Democratic Attacks (1-12-12) Vaughn Davis Bornet: Can a Mormon Candidate Rise Above the Religious Issue to Win It All Next Year? (1-9-12) Gil Troy: Fed up with the Iowa Corn Con (1-5-12) Daniel Pipes: Tehran Holds Obama Re-Election Wild Card (12-20-12) Robert A. Slayton: When a Catholic Terrified the Heartland (12-10-11) Ray Smock: Newt Gingrich the Galactic Historian (12-8-11) Michael Kazin: Why a Gingrich vs. Obama Matchup Would Be Good For the Country (12-7-11) Jonathan Zimmerman: Newt Gingrich, Pseudo-Historian (12-1-11) Leonard Steinhorn: Give Students A Break—An Election Break (11-14-11) Alexander Heffner: Mitt Romney: Interviews with Rogers M. Smith and Lou Cannon (11-14-11) Alexander Heffner: Rick Perry: Interviews with Historians Edward F. Countryman and Greg Cantrell (11-7-11) Alexander Heffner: Ron Paul: Interviews with Historian David Beito and Political Scientist Matthew Wilson (10-31-11) Lawrence S. Wittner: Is Mitt Romney Ready for the World? (10-9-11) Jim Loewen: Rick Perry's "Niggerhead" Camp Is Only Part of the Problem (10-2-11) John Willingham: Can Perry Rebound? He's Done It Before (9-21-11) Mark Nevin: Is the Ghost of Barry Goldwater Haunting Rick Perry? (9-18-11) Alexander Heffner: Herman Cain: The Man from Pizza (9-1-11) Allan Lichtman: "Never-Wrong" Pundit Predicts 2012 Win for Obama (8-31-11) Stanley Kutler: Neither Bachmann nor Perry is the Serious Candidate the GOP Needs (8-22-11) Gil Troy: Daniels, Gingrich and others Beware: Personal Lives Become Public Fodder When You Run for President (5-14-11) Elliott Abrams: Gingrich is No Reagan (1-25-12) Steven F. Hayward: Is Newt Like Churchill? (12-8-11)
comments powered by Disqus
HNN Hot Topics: 2012 Election: Primaries
comments powered by Disqus
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- It happened in Idaho and was the largest massacre of Indians in US history, but where exactly did it take place?
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- Two scholars from UT object to the Texas school's decision to remove the statue of Jefferson Davis
- A history professor explains why Americans are so prone to conspiracy theories
- Now Greg Grandin has come out with a study of Henry Kissinger
- Japanese historian upends the familiar narrative of WW 2 by taking a bottom up approach, focusing on fascism from the grassroots
- Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organises 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'