MSJC Student Accused of Threatening ProfessorHistorians in the News
A Mt. San Jacinto College student was arrested on the Menifee Valley campus after allegedly making a criminal threat against his history professor.
The alleged threat occurred Aug. 15 when Beovanni C. Glover, 20, grew upset during the professor's lecture. It was the first day of classes for the fall semester at the campus that serves its surrounding communities. The History 112 class covers U.S. history since 1865.
According to a student who did not want to be identified, Glover, whose race was listed as black on his arrest record, grew upset when the introductory lecture shifted to the Civil War and then the Jim Crow laws.
"He (the teacher) used the 'n' word in context of the lesson," the student told Patch....
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize