MSJC Student Accused of Threatening Professor
A Mt. San Jacinto College student was arrested on the Menifee Valley campus after allegedly making a criminal threat against his history professor.
The alleged threat occurred Aug. 15 when Beovanni C. Glover, 20, grew upset during the professor's lecture. It was the first day of classes for the fall semester at the campus that serves its surrounding communities. The History 112 class covers U.S. history since 1865.
According to a student who did not want to be identified, Glover, whose race was listed as black on his arrest record, grew upset when the introductory lecture shifted to the Civil War and then the Jim Crow laws.
"He (the teacher) used the 'n' word in context of the lesson," the student told Patch....
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita