MSJC Student Accused of Threatening Professor
A Mt. San Jacinto College student was arrested on the Menifee Valley campus after allegedly making a criminal threat against his history professor.
The alleged threat occurred Aug. 15 when Beovanni C. Glover, 20, grew upset during the professor's lecture. It was the first day of classes for the fall semester at the campus that serves its surrounding communities. The History 112 class covers U.S. history since 1865.
According to a student who did not want to be identified, Glover, whose race was listed as black on his arrest record, grew upset when the introductory lecture shifted to the Civil War and then the Jim Crow laws.
"He (the teacher) used the 'n' word in context of the lesson," the student told Patch....
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening