Speakers remember Betty Ford's love for family, those strugglingBreaking News
Former first lady Betty Ford was remembered Tuesday as a woman whose disclosures about her personal battles showed courage and grace and brought encouragement to others.
A former president and first ladies present and past joined family members Tuesday afternoon at the first of two services for Ford.
Among those attending were former President George W. Bush, who escorted former first lady Nancy Reagan to a pew, and current first lady Michelle Obama and former first lady Hillary Clinton.
A military honor guard escorted Ford's casket, covered by a white shroud bearing a large blue cross....
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?