Betty Ford dead at 93
DETROIT - Presidents past and current paid tribute to former first lady Betty Ford, who died Friday at age 93.
Ford’s battles with cancer and substance abuse inspired millions to seek treatment. Betty Ford’s husband, Former President Gerald Ford, died in December 2006.
The couple married in 1948, the same year he was elected to Congress. She was thrust into the spotlight in 1974 when he became president after the resignation of President Richard Nixon. She was diagnosed with breast cancer weeks later and won acclaim for her openness and courage....
comments powered by Disqus
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Ron Radosh plans to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture