Nottingham Great War centenary exhibition call for help
Family historians with an interest in World War I are being asked to help with an exhibition in Nottingham.
The Nottinghamshire Great War centenary exhibition will mark the contribution ordinary people made to the war.
It will open at Castle Museum in August 2014, the 100th anniversary of the start of WWI.
Organisers have appealed for volunteer guides to help visitors with their own research as well as personal mementos, letters and war diaries for the show.
Exhibition curator and military historian Major John Cotterill said: "We want our exhibition to be a living exhibition"....
comments powered by Disqus
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid