Peter Beinart: How Romney Is Like Reagan
Peter Beinart, senior political writer for The Daily Beast, is associate professor of journalism and political science at City University of New York and a senior fellow at the New America Foundation. His new book, The Icarus Syndrome: A History of American Hubris, is now available from HarperCollins. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
Every four years, Republican president candidates promise to emulate Ronald Reagan. This year, surprisingly, they’re actually doing it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Bad history is behind our fervent belief in the purity of amateur athletics
- The Fascinating 100-Year Journey of Black Cinema Through Its Film Posters
- Historians Rip O'Reilly's New Patton Book
- Japan remembers tragic sinking of Ottoman ship
- Confirmation: Canada identifies ship from British Arctic expedition
- British Empire in India: Historians and journalists debate
- Ken Burns's surprising discovery about his Revolutionary War ancestor
- When does history end?
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day