1000 Reward for Information on Theft of Antique Wagon Wheels in ColoradoBreaking News
The Friends of the Florissant Fossil Beds are now offering a $1000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of the six wagon wheels stolen from the Hornbek Homestead and the arrest and conviction of the thieves.
On the night of June 10, six wagon wheels were stolen from two historic wagons on display at the Hornbek Homestead at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. Two additional wheels were destroyed when the thieves attempted to remove them from the wagons. Both wagons were damaged in the process. The theft of these cultural artifacts is a significant loss to the regional history that The National Park Service attempts to preserve at Florissant Fossil Beds.
The Monument would like to thank those individuals who have contacted us with information since the theft and encourages anyone with information about this theft to contact Chief Ranger Rick Wilson at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument at (719) 748-3253 ext 131 or the Teller County Sheriff’s Office at (719)687-9652.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions