1000 Reward for Information on Theft of Antique Wagon Wheels in ColoradoBreaking News
The Friends of the Florissant Fossil Beds are now offering a $1000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of the six wagon wheels stolen from the Hornbek Homestead and the arrest and conviction of the thieves.
On the night of June 10, six wagon wheels were stolen from two historic wagons on display at the Hornbek Homestead at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. Two additional wheels were destroyed when the thieves attempted to remove them from the wagons. Both wagons were damaged in the process. The theft of these cultural artifacts is a significant loss to the regional history that The National Park Service attempts to preserve at Florissant Fossil Beds.
The Monument would like to thank those individuals who have contacted us with information since the theft and encourages anyone with information about this theft to contact Chief Ranger Rick Wilson at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument at (719) 748-3253 ext 131 or the Teller County Sheriff’s Office at (719)687-9652.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity