1000 Reward for Information on Theft of Antique Wagon Wheels in ColoradoBreaking News
The Friends of the Florissant Fossil Beds are now offering a $1000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of the six wagon wheels stolen from the Hornbek Homestead and the arrest and conviction of the thieves.
On the night of June 10, six wagon wheels were stolen from two historic wagons on display at the Hornbek Homestead at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. Two additional wheels were destroyed when the thieves attempted to remove them from the wagons. Both wagons were damaged in the process. The theft of these cultural artifacts is a significant loss to the regional history that The National Park Service attempts to preserve at Florissant Fossil Beds.
The Monument would like to thank those individuals who have contacted us with information since the theft and encourages anyone with information about this theft to contact Chief Ranger Rick Wilson at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument at (719) 748-3253 ext 131 or the Teller County Sheriff’s Office at (719)687-9652.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump's RNC Speech Plagiarized Hitler? No, it was satire.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history