Spammers Hit HNNNews Archives
The article the spammers sent? An HNN breaking news bulletin from September 23 about spammers who had inundated the mailboxes of the Campus Watch professors with up to 1,400 unwanted emails a day.
The hackers have not identified themselves as members of any group and have not explained what their goal is. We do not know their identity. We do not know if they are the people who were behind the spamming of the Campus Watch professors. Nor do we know why they spammed the people they did. A spot check of the addresses of the people receiving the emails indicates that two broad groups seem to have been targeted: white racists and Middle Eastern/Arab/Palestinians. Many belong to Yahoo groups.
George Mason University is investigating the source of the emails. New security measures are being taken to safeguard the HNN site from a future hack attack. Until those measures are put in place the email service that had been taken over has been temporarily disabled.
comments powered by Disqus
Orson Olson - 10/13/2002
...SIMMER down, boys and girls.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Newly released interactive map shows images of destroyed monuments of Mosul
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges
- English professor uses literature to help cure historical amnesia
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't