History's worst inventions listedRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
They include a wicker chair spaceship and an asbestos tablecloth. Other useless inventions included anti-tank dogs during the Second World War when the Russians attempted to counter the might of the German Army's tanks.
The dogs, fitted with explosives, would be starved before battles and trained to search for food under vehicles, where they would then explode.
However, dogs often ran towards their own lines, blowing up tanks on their own side, according to the Sun.
comments powered by Disqus
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery