History's worst inventions listedRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
They include a wicker chair spaceship and an asbestos tablecloth. Other useless inventions included anti-tank dogs during the Second World War when the Russians attempted to counter the might of the German Army's tanks.
The dogs, fitted with explosives, would be starved before battles and trained to search for food under vehicles, where they would then explode.
However, dogs often ran towards their own lines, blowing up tanks on their own side, according to the Sun.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)