Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
Of course, it’s a myth.
by Daniel Lazare
A well-timed book about the monsters that middle-class America tried to repress.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
In an interview she says class is often overlooked because Americans prefer myth to reality.
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses