SOURCE: Time Magazine
The Troubling History of the Fight to Honor Leif Erikson—Not Columbus—as the Man Who 'Discovered America'
Leif Erikson Day is a celebration of the Viking explorer credited with reaching the continent around the year 1000, nearly 500 years before Columbus did.
by Ed Simon
That’s a complicated and fraught question that no fresh discovery of the Vikings’ presence, however important, can answer.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong