Originally published 03/05/2018
He helped desegregate spring training.
Originally published 08/02/2017
Many of the same arguments Trump used last week also came up in 1948. Thankfully for history, Truman didn't listen.
Originally published 09/25/2016
It was desegregation.
Originally published 04/06/2016
It’s about Lloyd Gaines. Lloyd who? Exactly.
- The Koreas Are Weighing a Peace Deal. Here’s What That Might Mean.
- Slavery's hidden history in the mid-Hudson Valley coming to light
- The discovery of a map made by a Native American is reshaping thinking about the Lewis & Clark expedition
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- This is what happened when a historian with a rural background wrote favorably about gun control in the Washington Post
- Is Economics Going Back To The 1800s? Maybe So.
- Historian: Why destroying archives is never a good idea
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him