Weary from cataclysmic world events, the U.S. electorate chose a mild-mannered candidate promising quieter times.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Long before Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, there was President Warren G. Harding, whose sexual dalliances made history.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
“I’d compare Trump to Andrew Jackson because of both men’s populist rhetoric and xenophobic appeals." - H.W. Brands
by Greg Bailey
Ninety-five years ago today, Warren G. Harding traveled deep into the heart of Klan country and delivered a sermon on civil rights that was decades ahead of its time.
by Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh
The dark horse from Ohio emerged from a contested convention as the nominee and then became president.
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election