Warren G Harding
After War, Pandemic and Recession, Americans Voted in 1920 for 'Normalcy'
Weary from cataclysmic world events, the U.S. electorate chose a mild-mannered candidate promising quieter times.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Sex, hush money and an alleged poisoning: Before Trump and Stormy Daniels, a wild presidency
Long before Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, there was President Warren G. Harding, whose sexual dalliances made history.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
So which other president does Trump call to mind?
“I’d compare Trump to Andrew Jackson because of both men’s populist rhetoric and xenophobic appeals." - H.W. Brands
This Presidential Speech on Race Shocked the Nation…in 1921
by Greg Bailey
Ninety-five years ago today, Warren G. Harding traveled deep into the heart of Klan country and delivered a sermon on civil rights that was decades ahead of its time.
What the GOP Should Know NOW About Warren G. Harding’s Presidential Win in 1920
by Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh
The dark horse from Ohio emerged from a contested convention as the nominee and then became president.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History