Review of Oliver Hilmes's "Berlin 1936: Sixteen Days in August "
by Bernard von Bothmer
How did Hitler use the Berlin Olympics to fool the world in 1936?
SOURCE: The Root
Jesse Owens Wasn’t Alone: New Film Explores Untold Story of the 17 Other Black Olympians of 1936
The director of the documentary Olympic Pride, American Prejudice recalls the obstacles she encountered in telling the stories of these unsung athletes.
Adolf Hitler, Jesse Owens and the Olympics Myth of 1936
by Rick Shenkman
Everyone knows that at the 1936 Olympics Hitler snubbed Jesse Owens. But is it true?
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations