Originally published 10/27/2013
An attempt to eliminate the debt in the 1830s ended in disaster. Here's why we need the debt.
Originally published 02/17/2016
What if politicians acted like engineers and tried to pragmatically solve problems? The pro-life movement has a great opportunity to reduce the number of abortions in America, not by trying to defund Planned Parenthood, but by supporting long-acting reversible contraceptives for women. These contraceptives are very effective because they minimize human error. A Colorado experiment providing these long-term contraceptives to low income women sharply reduced abortions and high-risk births.
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency