The Great War of our Time
Originally published 01/29/2016
Review of Michael Morell’s "The Great War of our Time: The CIA’s Fight Against Terrorism, from Al Qa’ida to ISIS"
Brian Glyn Williams
Michael Morell spent 33 years at the CIA. Many of the details in his surprisingly candid (and even self critical) account of his tenure at the CIA are new and of importance to those studying the war on terror.
- Australian university students dress as Ku Klux Klan and in blackface
- Jefferson’s Monticello finally gives Sally Hemings her place in presidential history
- You Are Never Going to Believe Which Verse Was Most Quoted in American Newspapers Between 1840 and 1920
- Albert Einstein decried racism in America, but was guilty of it himself
- Trump retreats from US moral leadership stance
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says
- Library of Congress to Award Drew Gilpin Faust a $1 Million Prize for Achievement in the Study of Humanity
- Sociologist says northern newspapers should apologize for how THEY covered lynchings
- Julian Zelizer says GOPers like Boehner paved the way for their irrelevance in the age of Trump