Originally published 07/06/2016
In an article in TomDispatch Turse reminds us that contemporary generals like David Petraeus have taken a markedly different path than Ike and George Marshall.
Originally published 06/13/2016
David Petraeus says of all the people profiled in obits in the NYT he’d want to have dinner with U.S. Grant
"In my view, Grant stands alone among American military leaders as hugely impressive at all three levels of war:"
Originally published 01/19/2016
Defense Secretary Ash Carter is thinking of penalizing David Petraeus once again. This is wrong.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”