Originally published 11/15/2017
As America confronts its past, historians are asking new questions, pushing colleges, corporations, cities, museums, and governments to account for their ties to slavery.
Originally published 04/26/2016
Poll: Majority of Yale students want Calhoun College renamed, but don't want to drop the word "master"
A decision from administrators is expected soon.
Originally published 01/08/2016
Across the world, campus symbols from the epoch of avowed white supremacy have come under sharp criticism from students and their allies.
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama