Arlington National Cemetery
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
The Troubling History of Arlington Cemetery's Confederate Monument
by Samantha Baskind
The monument misrepresents the history of the Confederacy, and is itself a document of the way that white supremacy enabled a national "reconciliation" after the Civil War.
SOURCE: NBC News
Elaine Harmon, Female WWII Pilot, Will Finally Be Laid to Rest at Arlington
It took an act of Congress, but World War II pilot Elaine Harmon is finally being laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
The pilots were previously excluded from the cemetery under official policy.
Female Pilot Unit Gains Support in Congress for Right to Arlington Burials
The Army, which oversees Arlington National Cemetery, says her wartime unit — known as the WASPs, shorthand for Women Airforce Service Pilots — was not technically part of the military.
Women WWII Pilots Denied Final Rest at Arlington National Cemetery
"These women have been fighting this battle, off and on, for over 50 years now."
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"