Originally published 03/22/2018
No, “liberal” and “progressive” aren’t synonyms. They have completely different histories—and the differences matter.
Originally published 01/12/2016
When Washington reformers became ‘liberals,’ ‘progressives’ in turn became more radical.
Originally published 12/18/2015
Christian principles continue to shape even allegedly secular minds because Christianity guided Western civilization for over a millennium.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism