by Robin Lindley
A conversation with historian Nell Painter on her life in history and her “encore career” in art.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
Now Nell Painter Says She Is "the Uncoolest Artist in the World.”
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Writers who commit themselves to only writing hopeful things are committing themselves to the ahistorical and the mythical.
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?