"The Supreme Court has long recognized that peaceful protesters cannot be held liable for the unintended, unlawful actions of others," said American Civil Liberties Union National Legal Director David Cole.
"Social justice means that all human beings are given equal opportunities that are evenly distributed and certain groups are not allowed privileges denied to others," said Berry.
SOURCE: San Jose Mercury-News
2 Berkeley Elementary Schools, Washington and Jefferson, to be Renamed in Response to Black Lives Matter Push
Two San Francisco Bay Area schools named for founding fathers who were slaveholders will get new names following a push by Black Lives Matter activists, according to a newspaper report.
SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
Republican Rep. Larry Pittman of Cabarrus County had earlier compared Abraham Lincoln to Adolf Hitler and urging public hangings for doctors performing abortions.
SOURCE: Smithsonian Magazine
A 1963 protest placard in the Smithsonian collections could almost be mistaken for any of the Black Lives Matter marches of today.
SOURCE: The Dallas Morning News
'Black Lives Matter' painted on UT Confederate memorial after Alton Sterling, Philando Castile shootings
The message was scrawled across the George Littlefield Fountain, a prominent memorial that anchors the school's South Mall.
- Documentary on the Last Slave Ship to Arrive in the United States Takes on Questions of Memorializing Racist Violence
- The Underground Network of Ministers and Rabbis Aiding Abortion Access Before Roe
- At its 50th Reunion, La Raza Unida Asks How to Pass the Torch
- US Neglect of Puerto Rico is in the News, but the Main Historical Relationship has been Abuse
- Will SCOTUS Revisit the Second Class Citizenship of American Samoans?
- Sergey Radchenko on Putin's Mobilization Speech
- A Finnish Historian's Ambitious Rethinking of Native American History Draws Praise and Criticism
- National Archives Exhibition Challenges the Meritocratic, Democratic Myths of American Sports
- The Defeat of Identity Politics
- How Ideology Shapes America's View on the World