"The Supreme Court has long recognized that peaceful protesters cannot be held liable for the unintended, unlawful actions of others," said American Civil Liberties Union National Legal Director David Cole.
"Social justice means that all human beings are given equal opportunities that are evenly distributed and certain groups are not allowed privileges denied to others," said Berry.
SOURCE: San Jose Mercury-News
2 Berkeley Elementary Schools, Washington and Jefferson, to be Renamed in Response to Black Lives Matter Push
Two San Francisco Bay Area schools named for founding fathers who were slaveholders will get new names following a push by Black Lives Matter activists, according to a newspaper report.
SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
Republican Rep. Larry Pittman of Cabarrus County had earlier compared Abraham Lincoln to Adolf Hitler and urging public hangings for doctors performing abortions.
SOURCE: Smithsonian Magazine
A 1963 protest placard in the Smithsonian collections could almost be mistaken for any of the Black Lives Matter marches of today.
SOURCE: The Dallas Morning News
'Black Lives Matter' painted on UT Confederate memorial after Alton Sterling, Philando Castile shootings
The message was scrawled across the George Littlefield Fountain, a prominent memorial that anchors the school's South Mall.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel