Originally published 10/22/2013
Slate Magazine features cartoon artists capturing Hollywood films. This week features a cartoonist drawing the tale of Radium Girls, women during World War II who contracted radium poisoning while painting glow-in-the-dark watch dials.
Originally published 11/24/2015
If we can watch a new video every month of groups of police brutalizing unarmed citizens, then we have a police problem.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”