SOURCE: New Statesman
by Nicholas Mulder
The Biden approach shows a reframing of economic sanctions from being a deterrent to being a non-military weapon of war. This has happened before, and history shows that sanctions against an aggressor nation can be expected to fail unless they are paired with aid to Ukraine.
SOURCE: Public Books
by Joanne Randa Nucho
Anthropologist Joanne Randa Nucho and Public Books present a virtual forum on the ongoing legacies and impacts of the Treaty of Versailles.
SOURCE: NY Times
by John Milton Cooper
The unknown story behind Henry Cabot Lodge’s campaign against the League of Nations.
SOURCE: Columbia Spectator
She won a $75,000 prize for her book, “The Guardians: The League of Nations and the Crisis of Empire.”
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup