Harvard Law seal
Originally published 11/11/2015
The seal, depicting three bundles of wheat, is meant to pay tribute to Royall, a wealthy merchant who donated his estate to create the first law professorship at Harvard University. But Royall made much of his wealth through the slave trade.
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency