George H W Bush
Originally published 11/17/2015
We know that W. was ready to go it alone in a fight of good vs. evil. Less remembered: His father was, too.
Originally published 11/13/2015
He deserves the praise he's been getting since the publication of the Jon Meacham biography. But there is this one thing.
Originally published 11/09/2015
Meacham is toughest on Bush for insisting in 1987 that he had been “not in the loop” on the Reagan administration’s arms-for-hostages. Bush lied, says Meacham.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”