Originally published 11/16/2015
We use neat stories to explain everything from sports matches to symphonies. Is it time to leave the nursery of the mind?
Originally published 11/06/2015
Video of the Week: Empathy, Neurochemistry, and the Dramatic Arc: Paul Zak at the Future of StoryTelling 2012
Neuroscientist Paul Zak explains how the human brain responds to effective storytelling.
Originally published 11/25/2013
Giant sloths, saber-toothed cats, oversize armadillos, and other large mammals once roamed the Americas -- and humans hunted them.
Originally published 01/31/2018
Stone Age Brain
Something every budding candidate for president in 2020 should keep in mind.
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama