SOURCE: The New Republic
by Kim Phillips-Fein
Historian Kim Phillips-Fein writes that Paul Sabin's new book "Public Citizens" adds to understanding of the rise of conservatism and the power of attacks on "big government" by focusing on the role of liberal public interest groups in exposing the capture of the liberal regulatory state by big business interests.
by Fran Shor
The real lesson of 2000 needs to be understood for progressives to understand what to do in 2016.
SOURCE: New York Magazine
by Jonathan Chait
But he did.
He wants to educate people about the hard-fought history of consumer protections that are now taken for granted — and that he says are under assault.
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity