Originally published 12/27/2017
Albert R. Hunt
In the Wall Street Journal Al Hunt says the book shows why Virginia should fret a statue to Grant.
Originally published 10/20/2017
Chernow has now provided us with a compelling explanation of why Grant was indeed the first soldier of the Civil War, though there’s always the matter of the sacrifice of all those lives lost in battle.
Originally published 12/30/2015
Hamilton’s vision for America won out over Jefferson’s.
Originally published 09/15/2015
Ron Chernow was shocked that Lin-Manuel Miranda wanted to turn his biography of Hamilton into a play
Chernow admits he was a little taken aback the first time he attended a rehearsal — the cast was made up almost exclusively of people of color. But he soon decided the casting was “a stroke of genius,” he said.
- Which is the greatest 'witch hunt' in US political history?
- A Fake Site Posted an Apology for the Mormon Church’s History of Racism
- Republicans Escalate Bitter Fight Over Judicial Nominations
- ‘Bigger Than Watergate’? Both Sides Say Yes, but for Different Reasons
- Is Trump the Second Coming of Reagan?
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90
- Bernard Lewis, eminent historian of the Middle East, dies at 101