Originally published 06/20/2016
George F. Will
It was the establishment that installed Willkie and it was over the objections of conservatives.
Originally published 06/06/2016
What Trump could learn by studying history.
Originally published 02/01/2016
Ronald L. Feinman
What would have happened if Wendell Willkie was elected in 1940.
Originally published 09/01/2015
Only once in American history has a major political party granted its prize to someone whose principal qualification was to have served as a corporate chief executive.
Originally published 08/23/2015
Lewis L. Gould
The crowds in the galleries chanted “We want Willkie,” and the delegates yielded to what seemed an irresistible tide.
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Lost in Battle, Found by Amateur Sleuths: An ‘Unknown’ Marine
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad