Osama bin Laden
SOURCE: Daily Beast
CIA Agents Reveal How Bill Clinton Stopped Them From Killing bin Laden and Preventing 9/11
In The Longest War, a new documentary from director Greg Barker (Manhunt) and executive producer Alex Gansa (Homeland), former CIA agents reveal that they had another opportunity to take out Osama bin Laden with little collateral damage, contradicting President Clinton's account.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Bin Laden's disdain for the west grew in Shakespeare's birthplace, journal shows
CIA released journal as part of 470,000 documents collected from Bin Laden’s house, showing he visited the UK as a teenager and found it to be ‘decadent’
NYT Magazine digs into claims the story of Osama bin Laden raid was mythologized
Seymour Hersh claims the original story is flawed. But there's no way to verify his sources' account that a tipster eager for a $25 million reward was responsible for disclosing the terrorist's whereabouts.
SOURCE: London Review of Books
Seymour Hersh claims White House account on bin Laden death is based on lies
"The White House still maintains that the mission was an all-American affair, and that the senior generals of Pakistan’s army and Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) were not told of the raid in advance. This is false."
SOURCE: The Washington Post
In words spoken hours before 9-11, hear Bill Clinton say why he could have, but didn’t, kill bin Laden
He made the comment reportedly during a Sept. 10 meeting with business leaders in Australia.
SOURCE: Yahoo News
Osama bin Laden’s death: New details surface
There were “the Shooter” and “the Point Man.” Now a third member of SEAL Team 6 offers another account of the raid on Osama bin Laden that led to his death in 2011.The report from CNN appears to contradict Esquire’s widely circulated story, "The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden," by Phil Bronstein. The unnamed source from CNN calls the Esquire account "complete B-S."The SEAL team member in the Esquire profile, who was described simply as the Shooter, claimed that he entered the compound and found bin Laden with a gun in reach and shot him....
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of