Originally published 01/11/2016
Karl Rove is a bad historian: Race, the South and the real story he doesn’t tell about William McKinley and 1896
We've all seen Megyn Kelly bring reality to Rove's election projections. Time to bring some to his history book.
Originally published 07/17/2015
Publisher Simon & Schuster announced Thursday that the book is called "The Triumph of William McKinley: Why the Election of 1896 Still Matters."
- A Brief History of GOP Attempts to Kill the Education Dept.
- New York Is Building a New Monument to Women’s History—And It Wants the Public’s Help
- Charleston Apologizes for City’s Role in Slave Trade
- With 'America First,' Trump Challenges The World Constructed After World War II
- Newly Discovered ‘Limb Pit’ Reveals Civil War Surgeons’ Bitter Choices
- Conservative Mark Bauerlein says humanities faculty are in denial about their own role in the decline of the humanities
- President Trump Is Looking for Suggestions for Pardons
- Black history is still largely ignored, 70 years after Empire Windrush reached Britain
- Senegal historian decries long shadows of colonialism
- “As if George Wallace had won in 1968″