Originally published 03/18/2018
The painting, by Grant Wood, is a triumph. The tragedy is that he is only known for that work. A new exhibit at the Whitney may change that.
Originally published 07/08/2015
As the Confederate flag debate shows, museums are not just attic storage, but battlefields of history.
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama