birth of a nation
Originally published 10/12/2016
Audiences should see "Birth" – and then debate its strengths and weaknesses. Otherwise, we are unlikely to get better films on slavery.
Originally published 10/03/2016
Fox Searchlight has aimed a grass-roots campaign at churches, schools and pockets of political influence to ease the provocative film into communities on edge.
Originally published 07/03/2015
Just about everything presented in Birth was historically wrong. Americans love it. What does that tell you?
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism