Rot Riot and Rebellion
Originally published 05/27/2015
Review of “Rot, Riot, and Rebellion: Mr. Jefferson’s Struggle to Save the University that Changed America” by Rex Bowman and Carlos Santos
M. Andrew Holowchak
There is little in the book that will surprise readers familiar with the history of the University of Virginia, but the story’s well told.
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism