The Education of an Anti-Imperialist
Originally published 05/20/2015
Review of Richard Drake’s "The Education of an Anti-Imperialist: Robert M. LaFollette and U.S. Expansion"
With the imminent formal entrance of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker into the crowded field of Republican Party Presidential contenders, it is well worth remembering that Wisconsin has a progressive historical tradition.
- Mark Twain Claimed He Got His Pen Name From a Riverboat Captain
- The story of the slave trade’s last survivor
- UFO Toy Discontinued for Teaching Kids That Nazis Could Travel in Space
- Psychologists say memorials to lynching victims help their African-American descendants
- Posters, Banners, Boarding Passes: Museums Try to Get a Head Start on History
- Daniel Pipes predicts chaos in the Middle East as countries turn away from fossil fuels
- Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)
- Guest historian this week: Paul Krugman, the economist!
- US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying