Originally published 03/20/2017
Richard J. Morris
Both men won the presidency in part through racist rhetoric and actions.
Originally published 01/24/2017
If anything, Trump is more like John C. Calhoun.
Originally published 04/22/2016
Stop clinging to the Founding Fathers: The Andrew Jackson/Hamilton/Tubman debate is really about honest history
Andrew Burstein and Nancy Isenberg
Our candidate for a white guy on our currency would be Albert Gallatin, not Alexander Hamilton.
Originally published 07/06/2015
The Times says Hamilton should remain on the $10 bill.
Originally published 06/23/2015
"A dozen years ago, I fought to keep the faces of our early heroes on our currency. Now I say: Off with their heads!"
Originally published 05/06/2015
Leave Jackson on one side of the $20 bill and put his nemesis, Cherokee leader John Ross, on the other
And that’s just the start. Let’s put Frederick Douglass on the other side of the Lincoln $5 bill.
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law