Originally published 03/20/2017
Richard J. Morris
Both men won the presidency in part through racist rhetoric and actions.
Originally published 01/24/2017
If anything, Trump is more like John C. Calhoun.
Originally published 04/22/2016
Stop clinging to the Founding Fathers: The Andrew Jackson/Hamilton/Tubman debate is really about honest history
Andrew Burstein and Nancy Isenberg
Our candidate for a white guy on our currency would be Albert Gallatin, not Alexander Hamilton.
Originally published 07/06/2015
The Times says Hamilton should remain on the $10 bill.
Originally published 06/23/2015
"A dozen years ago, I fought to keep the faces of our early heroes on our currency. Now I say: Off with their heads!"
Originally published 05/06/2015
Leave Jackson on one side of the $20 bill and put his nemesis, Cherokee leader John Ross, on the other
And that’s just the start. Let’s put Frederick Douglass on the other side of the Lincoln $5 bill.
- In Ireland, Drought and a Drone Revealed the Outline of an Ancient Henge
- Sarcophagus Found. Contents Unknown. (‘No Guessing, Please.’)
- Trump says recent poll shows he's more popular than Lincoln
- Government probing "new information" in Emmett Till slaying
- Trump wants tough new Air Force One paint job
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie
- Partisans assail historians for judging the past by today’s standards. Here’s why they’re wrong, says classicist