SOURCE: The Times
by Niall Ferguson
A new red army is out to silence debate. We must rise up and resist it.
SOURCE: The Guardian
by Dawn Foster
Powerful people used to express their views on others unopposed. Now their targets fight back, they find it intolerable.
by Don James McLaughlin
While it’s impossible to say what Wheaton's founder would have thought of the school's latest controversy, as an abolitionist he stood up for intellectual freedom.
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
by Jonathan Zimmerman
We need to educate our students against bigotry without turning our backs on the Constitution.
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible