Originally published 04/23/2015
Many ethnic Armenians who are rediscovering their roots have found it easier to discard their Kurdish or Turkish identities than to relinquish their religion.
Originally published 04/12/2015
In addressing the Armenian question, Francis quoted from a 2001 declaration by Pope John Paul II and Catholicos Karekin II, the Armenian Apostolic Church’s supreme patriarch, in which the two leaders called the Armenian slaughter a campaign of extermination that was “generally referred to as the first genocide of the 20th century.”
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89